I thought I had a pretty cool thing to add for the blog today. Another one of those "write down the answers to umpteen questions" questionnaires is making its way around Facebook. The cool thing is that I knew I had seen this specific set of questions before via e-mail and answered it a few years ago. So, I thought it would be fun to fill it out today and compare my answers, and that the comparison would make a fun blog post.
And it would have, except that I've lost the one I originally sent around, since I can't find it anywhere in my Yahoo e-mail account. So, if any of you think you already knew these 48 things about me, could you dig around in your inbox to see if you still have my original questionaire? I'm curious to see what's changed about me. In the meantime, since I already wrote up this part of it, here's how I answered these questions today:
48 Things About Me
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? John Arden Magee comes from my grandfathers, John Mertin Magee and Chauncey Arden Ricketts.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Don't remember. Probably during the end of "It's a Wonderful Life" when we watched it before Christmas. I always tear up at the end of that movie.
"To my big brother George, the richest man in town."
WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! <-- See!
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I like it okay. Nobody else does.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Yes, it's the Magee family language.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not any more. I'm sure I would have once upon a time, since I did once jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Captain Crunch. I eat Cheerios more often though, 'cause the Captain ain't good for me.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Depends on the pair of shoes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Soft-serve chocolate.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their demeanor.
15. RED OR PINK? Pink. Hot, shocking bubble-gum pink!
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Laziness.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My siblings and parents, since we don't live nearby.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Nah, most of you already did it when it went around the first time. Feel free, though! I love these dumb little things, since I always learn interesting stuff.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue and brown.
20. [There was no number 20 on the list I took this from. As a result you shall all now wallow in freakish ignorance of one datum about me.]
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Assorted office noises.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Flesh. What is this, a trick question? Actually, on second thought I might just be white, since it is February and I haven't seen the sun in about four months. So right now my pale, pasty Irish skin is closer to the white crayon than the long-since-discontinued flesh crayon.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Chocolate-chip cookies in the oven.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Monique.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes. (Well, she didn't send it, but I saw she filled it out on Facebook.)
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Rugby and football. My favorite sport to listen to on the radio is baseball.
27. HAIR COLOR? Hair? I guess what's left is kind of grey and brown.
28. EYE COLOR? Green.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Varies, but probably spaghetti, tacos, or chicken wings, depending on my mood. Monique has a secret pork loin plan afoot for tonight, so I suspect that'll be my favorite for the night. Monique knows her way around a pork loin!
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? "The Petrified Forest" (1936) with Leslie Howard, Bette Davis, and Humphrey Bogart.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Green plaid with yellow stripes.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?Summer. Definitely summer.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both!
36. [Number 36 was also missing. Here's a substitute fact: I can count all the way to forty-eight. (Oooh, that confirms number seven.)]
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? One of my zombie-like cult of "Followers."
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Those of you who have yet to become a "follower". I'm not worried about it, though. You will be assimilated.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Galactic Empires, edited by Gardner Dozois.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? It's a big duck foot that was a piece of promo kibble for a product called "Web Feet".
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? "The Petrified Forest" (1936) with Leslie Howard, Bette Davis, and Humphrey Bogart.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Laughter.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Both. Don't make me choose.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? France.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?Indexing.
46 WHERE WERE U BORN? Inglewood, California.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Heck, I love seeing these things from everybody. But I just inflicted the "25-things" item on a bunch of people, so that's probably enough homework for everybody for the time being.
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? At the always-romantic National Conference on the North American Industrial Classification System in Logan, Utah. Nothing says "romance" like corporate librarians and industrial codes!