Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Now, for something substantive...

I'd like to pass along a quick recommendation for an interesting blog to read: My Great Big Giant Brain-Expanding Adventure: One Chiarian's path from diagnosis to recovery. For those of you who don't know him, Eric is one of my friends from California. We were on quite a few terrible flag football teams together back then. (How terrible? I often played quarterback. That's how terrible.) And he's still a member of the Lost Souls fantasy football league, though we all know that his wife Stacey has always been the brain behind that franchise.

Eric was diagnosed with a fairly unusual -- though more common than I realized -- brain problem last year that eventually led him to get surgery. I don't want to steal his thunder, but it's a pretty amazing story. The blog itself is only about a dozen posts long, so it's a pretty quick read. The best way is to page to the end and then work your way forward through the posts.

We've had a lot of people try a lot of things to find a way to be a smarter owner in our fantasy football league. But Eric is the first to actually increase the volume of his brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment