Saturday, July 4, 2009

Uh-oh, I'm in trouble with my Mom for blog neglect...

... since she sees no evidence of a post since Wednesday. (She just sent me an e-mail asking what had gone wrong with the blog.) In my defense, that "Wednesday" post was really made at about 1:30 am on Thursday morning, during a pause in the Katie the Beagle de-skunking process. But Blogger seems to insist on time-stamping everything as if it happened in the Pacific Time Zone.

To catch everybody up quickly, most of the time since then was spent prepping for and throwing our annual July 3 Wolverine Lake Tiki Night Fireworks bash last night. Much fun was had by all, and I should soon have a few photos to share, as well. It was a bit more sedate than usual, which was a surprise because it coincided with a Friday night. The neighbors, however, picked up the slack for us and rolled on past dawn. Literally.

Today has been a quiet day of post-party pickup, mixed with some sporting events on the tube. Monique and I watched the all-Williams Wimbledon final this morning, and I just finished watching the USA Eagles edge Canada in the first of two 2011 Rugby World Cup qualifying matches. If the Eagles can qualify, we should have a dandy excuse for the Detroit RFC to tour in New Zealand in two years.

Now THAT gives me a rooting interest in these qualifying matches. (The loser of the US/Canada qualfiying can still make it by beating Uruguay, but it would be better to take care of business now.)

BTW, for anybody wondering how Katie the Beagle feels about fireworks, I present yet another beagle haiku:

Burrowing beagle!
The world is ending! Bang! Ka-Boom!
Hide! Hide! Hide! Hide! Hide!

Happy Birthday, America!

1 comment:

  1. I can offer an alternative canine haiku!

    Panting Cady Dog.
    The world is ending! Bang! Ka-Boom!
    Pant! Pant! Pant! Pant! Pant!

    ReplyDelete