Friday, March 14, 2014

Detroit AutoRama: Trucks

Let me begin by saying that it is not always a good idea to customize a truck.


Indeed, tragedy can ensue.

Still, despite this unfortunate start to my AutoRama truck adventures, there were lots and lots of cool trucks. Some of them we'll meet later during our visit to the rat rods, but there were lots of sharp custom trucks, too.




Kosmic outcast: a 1940 Ford pickup with a stroked and blown 1959 Oldsmobile V-8 371 Rocket engine.



1978 Jeep dump truck, owned by Dan Claus of Fraser, Michigan. I'm pretty sure this thing could get you through this winter's snow.





This 1948 Chevy 3100 pickup had one of the cleanest, smoothest engine bays I saw all weekend.



And finally, down in the basement with the rat rods I found this truck and boat combination. Unfortunately, I forgot to shoot a photo of the sign, so I have no idea whose Chevy pickup this is. But of all the shiny trucks on the main floor and the rat rod trucks in the basement, this just seemed like the truckiest truck of them all.

Tomorrow? Gremlins!

No comments:

Post a Comment