Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yours Truly, Mr. Wilson

I was inexplicably exhausted when I came home from work today, and so I lay down on the couch to take a nap. Within seconds of my head hitting the pillow, one of the little blonde girls from next door came in with Monique and started chatting up a storm, asking many questions, including why I was sleeping.

And at that moment it occurred to me that I had become Mr. Wilson, the grumpy, bald, old next-door neighbor of "Dennis the Menace" fame who was always taking a nap when Dennis came over. (Well, it was a little girl, so it was perhaps more of a "Denice the Menace" episode, but work with me here, folks.)

Good heavens, I don't remember putting that down on my list of career goals when I talked to the guidance counselor in high school.

Just imagine the multiple-choice questionaire:

Please select your top career goal:

1) Astronaut
2) Game-Show Host
3) Vice-President of the United States
4) Mr. Wilson, of Dennis the Menace

No comments:

Post a Comment