Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Rhymin' Ballad of Dirk McGurk

Rhymin' is a lot of work,
A duty that we should not shirk,
So I'll write about a rhymin' Turk
Whose name must needs be Dirk McGurk,
Who when surprised thus stutters, "Erk?"
That is a quite annoying quirk.
What shall I do with pesky Dirk?
Shall I have him cuss by saying, "Firk!"
Or send him on a trip to Herk-
imer. <-- Forced rhyme like that makes meter murk,
Though the license is my poet's perq.
What else to do with Dirk the Jerk?
He could meet up with Captain Kirk.
They could a pot of coffee perk,
But their breakfast plan would go bezerk
When they drank fresh-squeezed juice of orange.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, hee, hee.
    Fun. I must say, your brain does hold a vast variety of things, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to "lurk" and "smirk," and Detective Clouseau saying "Hurk," but meaning "Hark!"?

    ReplyDelete