Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yet More Extremely Local News

Why write original, thoughtful posts when I can just crib some of my Facebook updates?

---

John Magee just bought a cool Fred Hembeck drawing of Spider-Man vs. The Human Fly off e-Bay. Why? 'Cause it's a cool Fred Hembeck drawing of Spider-Man vs. The Human Fly, that's why! August 27 at 7:03pm



---

John Magee guesses that the evidence of a damp, freshly bathed beagle at his feet means that Monique wasn't using a simile last night when she said that Katie the Beagle smelled "like a barnyard." September 2 at 12:29pm

---

John Magee was really bummed this morning about a long list of grim news on the radio and newspaper. So I decided to do a random good deed to lift my spirits. And within five minutes I heard that a friend's sister was in full remission from her cancer. Karma? Perhaps, though I never thought of it in an instant-gratification way. September 4 at 10:46am

---

John Magee went wakeboarding today for the first time in a loooong, loooong time. September 6 at 6:40pm

---

Well, *this* little pop song brightened my lunchtime considerably. Beware of clicking on the link ... it's catchy! September 11 at 12:10pm




---

Beagle haiku continues to take the world by storm. Resistance to seventeen furry syllables is futile. Beagle Haikus on the LaMarotte blog. September 13 at 11:46pm


---

So when the school guidance counselor visited our homeroom, he said, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And I said, "I want to be America's #1 purveyor of doggy haiku." September 24 at 8:47pm

---

Go hard, win the game. / With honor you will keep your fame. / Down the field and gain, / A Lion victory! / GO LIONS! September 27 at 5:18pm

(Yes, that's right. The Detroit Lions won a football game.)
---

John Magee has admitted his addiction. I added "Usagi Yojimbo" to the pull list at my comic-book shop today. September 30 at 10:58pm
---

How was my week? Monday - merit raise at work. Wednesday - dead furnace. Friday - large bill for furnace repair. Easy come, easy go, I guess, but it might've been nice to think I was going to pocket more money for at least a full week before reality struck. October 2 at 3:28pm

---
If I may quote me, after Polanco dropped that easy double-play ball and let in another run: "Okay, that's it. I'm going to have to drink if I'm going to watch any more of this historic Tiger collapse." Tasty beer in hand, I'm now prepared to watch more. October 3 at 7:52pm
---

Ooooh, nooooo. Magglio, I'm the one drinking the beer. Why are you the one falling down and missing the fly ball?!!! October 3 at 8:13pm

---

The Tigers are killing me. This is not a metaphor. October 3 at 9:59pm
---

Sigh. Miggy, Miggy, Miggy. Mickey Mantle was a fine batter, but he was *not* a role model. October 5 at 12:31pm
---

I thought Miguel Cabrera was America's favorite drunk Tiger. Turns out that honor belongs to Stumpy! Who knew? October 5 at 6:21pm

Stumpy the Drunk Midget Tiger




---

Let's go Tigers! Clap! Clap! Clap, clap, clap! Let's go Tigers! Clap! Clap! Clap, clap, clap! Let's go Tigers! Clap! Clap! Clap, clap, clap! LET'S GO TIGERS! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!October 6 at 2:23pm
---

Ohhhhhh, noooooooooooo! October 6 at 9:49pm

---

John Magee still can't believe the Detroit Tigers are not the 2009 AL Central Champions. October 7 at 11:09pm
---

John Magee just tried to click "Like" on a work e-mail with a piece of news that I liked. This may be a sign it's time for a few days away from Facebook. October 8 at 12:26pm
---

John Magee finds it ironic that Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize the same morning he starts the galaxy's first interplanetary war by bombing the Moon. October 9 at 10:27am
Moon 'bombed' by space probes in the hunt for hidden water - Times Online

---

John Magee is watching a live broadcast of a Soyuz lander de-orbiting from the International Space Station on the NASA channel, which I'm receiving on my satellite receiver and watching on my flat-screen TV. I may not own a flying car, but it sure does make me feel as if I'm living in 21st Century. October 10 at 11:50pm
---

John Magee Lunchin' in the cube: Homemade chili and rice, a bit of baguette, and a couple of fresh in-season Michigan apples. Yummy! 6 hours ago

Neil Walker YOU HAVE A CUBE??? 6 hours ago

John Magee Still livin' the dream, Neil. Still livin' the dream. 5 hours ago

No comments:

Post a Comment