Thursday, October 1, 2009

Monday Morning Haiku on Thursday Morning

Sure, I haven't posted much this week, but I have a good excuse, since Cady the Terrible arrived and ate my laptop, my backup desktop computer, my iPod Touch, my desk, two tables, and a ream of paper.*

But this laziness on my part would normally be no threat to our world-leading beagle-haiku production if our contributors were keeping up the pace. However, Mary Campbell-Droze was dreadfully late with this week's Beagle/Colts review haiku.

Down to the wire!

This beagle haiku
Is as tardy as a Colts
Third-quarter touchdown.

--Mary Campbell-Droze

I have to admit, other than containing the words "beagle haiku", I'm not sure what this one has to do with beagles. But it was offered up to us at the correct cost, the revolutionary price-point of "free," so I say, "Thanks, Mary, for doing my work for me!"

*Actually, Cady hasn't touched a single one of these items and has generally been a very good guest dog so far. The truth is that I've been under the weather with the return of my cough and have been sluggish and going to bed early, instead of staying up late to blog. But "Cady Ate Everything" is a much more dramatic story. So far all she's really destroyed has been a leash harness and one squeaky toy, both her own. Definitely an improvement over her last visit. Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment