Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our Beagle Haiku Business Model Continues to Grow

I begin to see the real appeal in gathering our content at "the revolutionary price-point of free." Sticking to this payment plan for our contributors allows us to bring in new talent with no incremental budget increases here at Patio Boat Beagle-Haiku Headquarters.

With Mary Campbell-Droze slacking off on her Beagle/Colts haiku beat this week because Indianapolis had a bye week, we turn to a new contributor:

From: S Kelsch
Subject: beagle haiku

Hi John-Long time listener, first time caller. I was checking the patio boat blog the other day only minutes after I had fired up my new vacuum for the first time. It was whirring away in the living room, and I considered the juxtaposition. I came up with this beagle haiku, I hope it makes the cut.

What does beagle-kind
think of this device?
Friend, foe, or rabbit?
Roomba.

--Sue Kelsch


To which I say:

Well done, Sue! Not only have you pushed the parameters of haiku by cleverly and appropriately shifting your 17 syllables across four lines, but you have also done so within budget and on time. The Patio Boat World-Class Beagle-Haiku Juggernaut thanks you.

This got me thinking about mechanical rabbits, which led to thoughts of the dog track:

The greyhound chases
The mechanical rabbit.
The beagle tracks it.

1 comment:

  1. Roomba is fun to say. Rooooomba. Roooooomba. See? Fun word to say.

    ReplyDelete