Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin' Carvin', 2009

It was once again time for our annual pumpkin carving festivities. Arsen and Brigitte came across town, and Wendy, Anna, and Lexi came over from next door.

But first, a beagle haiku:


Lexi and Katie:
Two beagles, separated
Only by species.

There were also some pre-carving birthday presents for Monique, the birthday girl!

A skoosh ball from Lexi!



An angel from Anna!


And a beautiful orange scarf/wrap from Paris, thanks to the fashionable gifting of the Parets of Pontoon Pirates fame.

Now, on to the pumpkins!


Wendy and Anna.


Katie and Lexi, still beagling around.


Lexi takes an interest in things human, with Brigitte.


Be careful, or Arsen will spoon you next!


This year's crop!


In the dark!


Happy Halloween, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Monique!! I'm so pleased the scarf arrived on time (and John found the right word for it : it's a wrap, of course!). It looks very sexy over that brown sweater! I'm also pleased to see Anna and I are on the same wave length : Angels for Saint Monique!
    Wow, a human beagle, a sexy, orange wrap and sparkling pumpkins with spooky words like Ghulf Genes carved into them...What a great birthday! I love you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you posted those photos so quickly. Thanks.

    What a fun day it was. I think I want to carve pumpkins on my birthday every year from now one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated birthday to Monique! I must tell you, I was extremely nervous about having a scorpio in a house full of cancers and pisces- until I found out you were a scorpio. Such hope you've given me.

    While the Ghulf Genes pumpkin is very cool, my favorite is definitely the kitty pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were worried about a Scorpio, Susan, but I'm glad you're concerns were a bit eased upon finding out I'm one. How flattering.

    Yes, we Scorpios have many sides... among them, some nice ones...

    Also, I had a wonderful, deep relationship with my paternal grandmother, and have one now with your Mom, both Cancers, and both born on June 30!

    So, fear not and happy Halloween....

    ReplyDelete