Monday, December 7, 2009

Michelle & Stella's Visit: A Few Random Photos

It's nothing I'd call a true photo-documentary of Michelle & Stella's visit to Michigan for the last couple weeks of November but I reckoned I'd at least throw a few pictures up on the ol' blog. For more pictures, go check out the images captured by the visitors themselves over at the Pontoon Pirates blog.

Suddenly, Arsen and Baldy regretted asking John to do his famed tornado-siren impression.


Now a few from the Novi Pet Expo:


Flying dogs!


An unusual species of kitty cat.


Photographing the photographer.


Afterwards, Katie the Beagle badgered Michelle incessantly with questions about what she saw at the Pet Expo.

We also visited a Lions game:

Here Stella and John discovered that our tickets were so high up in the cheap seats that Stella needed to affix the binoculars to the zoom lens of her camera to see the field.

And now, a photo series I like to call "Gift Wrapping the Boat" starring Stella and Monique!






On Thanksgiving Day we (Monique, Arsen, Brigitte, Michelle, Stella, Wendy, Anna, Lexi, and I) all lazed about the house and then ate waaaaay too much turkey.


Katie the Beagle helps Arsen with a game of My Word.


Wendy reading "How Fletcher Was Hatched" to Katie the Beagle, Lexi, and Anna.


Arsen and Lexi reading on the couch.


And after dinner? Mmmn ... pie! (From left-to-right: pumpkin, chocolate pecan, apple, and pecan.)

On the last Saturday night Arsen, Michelle, Monique, and I went for a walk in Grosse Pointe and amused ourselves by taking pictures of Christmas lights while spinning the camera. This might have had something to do with the growler of beer we drank before we went for the walk.



Stella created her own art the next day, a couple of music videos.


Finally, we close with a few photos of the Darnay girls with their mother.

Monique and Brigitte:


Brigitte and Michelle:



It was a great visit.

3 comments:

  1. What a funny assortment of photos and yet, they do capture some of the flavor of Michelle and Stella recent visit.

    Now, I better check out greenwriters' blogspot as that note makes me wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect comment #1 of being a bit spammy, since my appeal to Russian writers is pretty limited, as far as I know. I suppose a more security-minded blogger would just delete it. But, hey, my Russian spammer's the only person to comment in a week, so what the heck.

    Yeah, the photo assortment is pretty random. Really, it wasn't an attempt to capture the visit in full (The Facebook album did a better job of that.) Here I just to put up some of the photos that I happened to like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series of photos and I loved the photos taken with your camera and after writing about how I don't want to get on FB now I learn there are better photos there! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete