Thursday, December 3, 2009

Last night, level at Fl 410

Last night, level at Fl 410,
above the clouds,
silvered by moonlight,
the stars scattered far and wide,
above, beyond, and around us,
a beaming Mars rising red/orange in the east,
and some distant storms flash/flashing in the far distance,
we knew for an elusive moment a sense of peace.

Beneath us a northeaster was raging,
and that turbulent, rain-swept, crosswind battle at Morristown
was yet to come (Joy !)

God is good to us.

--Tony Buttacavoli


This was a Facebook post I came across this morning by a friend of mine who's a pilot. I don't think he particularly meant it to be a poem. But I really, really liked it. So I've added some linebreaks and posted it here.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmn ... for those interested in a translation, according to babylon.com that Romanian comment translates as, "Very interesting subject issued by you. I look on your blog and I like what I saw. Surely we could see him visit. A nice day!"

    I have no idea how that presumably spammy comment got attached here, but it does add an odd and entirely unanticipated international flavor to the conversation.

    ReplyDelete