Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hey, everybody, send your "get well soon" wishes to Susan!

Hi, everybody. Just passing along a quick update via blog to let folks know that my sister Susan is back in the hospital today with pleurisy and an embolism in her lung. (Harrumph. So much for her theory that she could minimize her hospital time by arriving just fifteen minutes before she gave birth.)

It sounds as if they expect her to recover fully, but it will probably take a while. If you're reading this, I think it would cheer her considerably if you go to her blog at Gettysburg Family and post a comment at her latest post (The New Normal) to wish her a speedy recovery.

(While you're there, click on a few ads, too. I'm sure a sudden jump in her AdWords revenue would also help her recuperation.)

You can also send along wishes for a speedy recovery to Susan's husband Rich and his brother Michael. No, they're not sick, but they're watching the whole unruly Gettysburg Family crew while Susan's in the hospital, and I'm sure it will take them quite a while to recover from THAT!

2 comments:

  1. BOOO!!

    I hope she is okay - but, did they check to see if she was faking it? She does deserve a vacation now and again! JK - I really hope she's ok and everyone, including the men and even the house, survives this. My thoughts.

    themac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I hope a shot of Warfarin now and then does for you what it does for me daily: keeps my blood appropriately uncoagulated and freely flowing.
    Seriously, I hope you are on your way to full recovery as I write this. That sweet, little boy and his two sweet sisters, perhaps even the men in your house, are probably waiting impatiently to have you home again.
    The very best to all six of you.
    Love,
    Brigitte and Arsen

    ReplyDelete