Sunday, October 28, 2012

Random pre-storm Hurricane Sandy commentary...

... from my Facebook account today:


John Magee 
We're already seeing cloud bands and wind from Hurricane Sandy in Detroit. I sincerely hope all of my friends and family on the East Coast have battened down the hatches and gotten themselves out of flood zones. I have a feeling this is going to be a bad one.

Phil Gaven 
I haven't any hatches to batten. I'm hatchless.

John Magee 
Phil, strap down the beehives and put little teeny weeny life jackets on all the bees!

Jeffrey Kofsky 
I just wish I had a wheelbarrow full of booze!

John Magee 
Jeff, It's not enough to just have a wheelbarrow full of booze when Frankenstorm hits. I had to do important pre-storm preparations ... like making sure I had a cooler full of mixers on hand and ready to go.

Jeffrey Kofsky 
And most of those are sold at stores that actually require you to wear pants in order to be served, I suppose. Tough life!

John Magee 
In these trying times we need to pull together as a nation and stop worrying about the arbitrary issues that politicians use to divide us, like who is and who isn't wearing pants at the store.

3 comments:

  1. Love those matchless/hatchless and witty comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turns out that I should've been doing the battening down in Wolverine Lake, instead of writing witty Facebook posts. The wind blew over our trellis with the hops on it, blew one of the glass globes off a light on our garage, and tore up a few shingles on the porch roof.

    Genuine hurricane damage right here in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have Hurricane insurance? Might be a good idea for future storms.

    ReplyDelete