Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Wee Bit of Philosophy

For various reasons I was thinking about life lately, and this philosophical thought popped into my head:

Life is a series of choices. Who we are is the sum total of the choices we have made, for good or for bad.

This is something that I don't think I understood very well when I was younger and making some bad choices, often without even realizing at the time that this was what I was doing. I wish I had a good mechanism for passing along that bit of hard-won wisdom to a few of my younger relations, so as to save them a lot of trouble down the road. But I suspect that you have to come to that realization after making a lot of your own bad and good decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks John. This is well put and, well, so like you, kind and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete