Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No Comics for Me This Week!

At lunchtime today I went to stop by my friendly neighborhood comic-book shop, "Comic City" in Novi, to see what was new on the racks this week.

Alas, when I got there, it turned out that it had been stomped by Godzilla.

I *hate* when my local comic-book shop gets stomped by Godzilla. No comics for me this week! I hope they rebuild quickly.

P.S. No need to panic, comic-book fans. It's just a comic cover promotion that IDW ran for their new Godzilla comic in which comic stores that made a large pre-order could get their own cover of their shop getting crushed by our big, radioactive friend. Here's the story from BleedingCool.com: All Eighty Variant Covers Of Godzilla #1 From IDW.

3 comments:

  1. Uh...what? No, really, what happened. Now I'm concerned. <:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. Didn't mean to worry anybody who hadn't heard about the promotion. It's just a cool cover with Comic City getting stomped by Godzilla.

    All was well at Comic City today. Remain calm. Had this been a genuine Godzilla stomping you would have been alerted by a screeching roar and ominous music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Had this been a genuine Godzilla stomping you would have been alerted by a screeching roar and ominous music."

    Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete