Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Winter Wimpiness Knows No Bounds

It is a beautiful Winter day outside. The sun is shining, sparkling off a blanket of fresh snow. The two little girls next door are skating on the rink shoveled out from the lake in front of their house. Snowmobilers and four-wheelers are zipping across the smooth ice. And Monique has set off in her snow boots to walk across the lake and meet up with some friends.

Yet all I can do is look at the ol' Weathertech STX 7000 weather station, see that it is 13.7 degrees outside, and think, "My God, it's cold out there. What are all you people, nuts?!"

I'll be making something warm for breakfast, then having it with a nice latté as I read the paper and listen to the radio. What do those four activities have in common? You do them inside! Where it's not twenty degrees below freezing!

I'm pretty sure Katie the Beagle is with me. She's curled up underneath a blanket on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Now the sun has disappeared, and it's snowing so hard that I can barely see the far shore of the lake.

    I'm feeling pretty good about the omelet with hickory-smoked gouda (from Oscar's Smokehouse in Warrensburg ... mmmmn!) that's sitting in my tummy.

    ReplyDelete