Thursday, May 6, 2010

Contemplating Stress Reduction Techniques

As I sat there yet again in physical therapy a couple of years ago, contemplating my arthritic knee, I came to the realization that although collision sports had provided me with an excellent source of stress reduction for nearly 30 years, they were no longer a sustainable stress outlet. I concluded that it might be time to find an alternative source of stress reduction.

As I stood on my bathroom scale this morning, contemplating my ever-increasing weight, I came to the realization that although eating too much and sitting on my ever-increasing tush watching TV and getting enormously fat has provided me with an excellent alternative source of stress reduction for the last two years, it might also no longer be a sustainable stress outlet.

It might be time to go back to stress-reduction techniques that don't put me on a collision course with 300 pounds.

And so, instead of blogging any further, I think I will shut down the computer, drive home from work, and take the beagle for a nice walk.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, too, is in favor, enjoying her increased number of walks! And summer on the lake offers some very pleasant stress relieving outlets.

    To non bone and joint crushing physical activites of all sorts.

    ReplyDelete