Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A few favorites from the 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit

I swung by the 2016 Detroit Auto Show to see what was new. Mostly I looked at a lot of trucks and pretended that I could afford a new one. I also took a few photos of things that caught my eye along the way, mostly cool looking sports cars and concept cars. Here are a few of my favorites:


Alfa Romeo 4C Spider.




Dodge Viper.  I'm pretty sure the leggy spokesmodel's high heels have more ground clearance than the car itself.



Plum crazy Dodge Challenger. I love me some plum crazy Mopar muscle.




The new 2016 Mazda MX-5, aka the Miata. Alas, it's still not as roomy as my MGB.




Lexus LC500.



Yummy. Z06 Corvette.



Acura Precision concept car.



Buick Avista concept car.



VLF Force One, a coachbuilt carbon-fiber supercar based on the Dodge Viper. VLF Automotive was formed recently by Gilbert Villarreal, Bob Lutz, and Henrik Fisker.   The Force One has a modified Viper 8.4-liter V10 engine that produces 745hp and 638 lb-ft. It does 0 to 60mph in 3.0 seconds and has a top speed of 218mph. New car companies are always a crapshoot to survive, but VLF sure has built a cool-looking car.

Here's an article if you want to learn a bit more: VLF Force 1 Is America’s Newest Sports Car And It’s Based On The Viper.



Ferrari 488 GTB.



BMW 650i convertible.



Audi S5 Cabriolet.



Audi TTS.




This 1966 Cadillac Coupe Deville I found down among the customizers in the basement looked every bit as great as any concept car on the main floor.



Elio Motors 3-wheeler. Five-star crash rating, seats two in tandem and gets up to 84 mpg. Deliveries scheduled to start in late 2016. Prices start at $6,800. New car companies are always a crapshoot to survive, but Elio sure has built an interesting-looking car.

Here's an article if you want to learn a bit more: Rubin: 100 mph and 84 mpg — if it ever gets built.



1967 Ford GT4 0MkIV. Winner of the 1967 24 Hours of LeMans.



2017 Ford GT Race Car. Headed to LeMans this year. How will it fare? We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment