Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hurrah for the California poppy!

I got some bad news at work today and needed a bit of cheering up. As coincidence would have it, a friend of mine on Facebook is doing the "put up pictures of flowers instead of all the depressing, awful stuff that people seem to post on FB these days" thing. The key to this virtual floral chain-letter is that if you "like" the picture the other person puts up, that person has to assign a flower for you to post a picture of. After that bummer of a day at work I saw that I'd been assigned the poppy.

Fortunately, I had a nice little picture of a California poppy that I took when I was out in San Francisco last Spring. It's not technically perfect, but it is cheerful. After posting it over on FB I decided this joint could use a cheerful flower picture, too.

I present to you the California poppy:


1 comment:

  1. What a charming photo.
    Thanks, it cheered me, too.
    What a colorful series of posts.

    ReplyDelete