Thursday, September 26, 2013

How About Another Semi-Random Automotive Photo or Two?

So, um, no car shows thus far in San Francisco this week.  So how about a couple of semi-random shots of the car I'm renting this week, a Cadillac ATS sports sedan with a 2.0-liter turbo engine that spits out 272 hp?



Why the Caddy? Because my company's rental car policy will pick up the tab on a car up to an intermediate, which usually means a Toyota Corolla.  Nothing against Corollas, they're justifiably popular for good reason, but I'm a bit large and didn't really fit all that well in a Corolla the last time I tried one. That's why I'm pretty willing to throw in a few extra bucks of my own for an upgrade to something a bit bigger; so that I don't have to cock my head sideways while I drive. Plus, it's just fun to try something new.

Since I flew in on a Monday evening -- after the week's business travelers had scooped up every other car on the rental lot -- my options were either the Corolla that I had reserved or the Caddy. The ATS is the smallest car in the Cadillac lineup, but I reckoned I'd give it a try.

So far I like it more than I expected to.  Most of the GM sedans I've driven over the year have a big-boat feel to them, but this seems pretty zippy and nimble. (Not as nimble as an MGB, of course, but much better than I expected out of a Cadillac.) And the leather seats are niiiiiice.

I'm genuinely looking forward to trying it out on Highway 1.

The review? So far it's a heck of a lot nicer to sit in during a long commute than a Toyota Corolla.


2 comments:

  1. Brown, really?
    You are too funny, John.
    We need to work on your color identification skills.

    ReplyDelete