Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Extremely Local News Report, April 27 - May 6, 2009

Here's a quick update on the "Extremely Local News" front. Alas, I didn't have time this evening to also format the comments because I'm off to a village meeting and then packing for the weekend expedition to the Mountain Time Zone, but if you join Facebook and friend me* you can read them all yourself.

*I'm pretty sure this sort of offer is how Amway works, too.


The Extremely Local News Report, April 27 - May 6, 2009

John Magee is vaguely under the weather today, but with no idea why. Perhaps it's withdrawal symptoms after monitoring the NFL Draft for three days straight. Maybe it's psychosomatic suggestion from nonstop swine-flu pandemic panic. Or possibly I've just got a raging case of Spring Fever with developing complications from incipient Summertime Blues. April 27 at 2:25pm
-----
Yesterday, 80 degrees. Today, 42 degrees. I am impressed by your Cold Front Fu, Mr. Weatherman. April 28 at 12:45pm
-----
John Magee just discovered this entry from a 1347 A.D. scroll entry on Monkbook: "OMG, the town criers are waaay overreacting to this 'flea flu.' They need to pay more attention to real disasters like the upcoming lunar eclipse. The Black Death won't turn out to be any worse than last year's Purple Death scare." April 30 at 1:26pm
-----
John Magee is going to be a bachelor this weekend, and "Caddyshack" is playing at the Redford Theater this weekend. Coincidence? I think not. April 30 at 10:41pm
-----
John Magee is really looking forward to workin' on the pontoon boat this weekend to get it ready to go in the lake. Good times loom! May 1 at 5:19pm
-----
John Magee was reduced to plucking mint-plant shoots for his Kentucky Derby mint julep. Yet more botanical proof that it's been a long, cold Spring. (Our first daffodil just bloomed yesterday. Strange stuff.) Fortunately, the julep was still tasty and the Derby was a classic! May 2 at 7:39pm
-----
John Magee is feeling pretty lazy today, despite three big mugs of coffee. How did it get to be 2 pm so soon, anyway? Sun 2:15pm
-----
John Magee charged the batteries, swept the decks, repaired the front left navigation light, fixed a bit of wood damage rewired two right-side speakers, blew and replaced a fuse, and is now ready to declare the pontoon boat generally lakeworthy for the summer. (It could still use some touch-up paint, but then again so could we all.) Sun 10:17pm
-----
John Magee is sleepy in his cubicle for no good reason. Maybe I'll have another cup of bad office coffee. It probably won't wake me up, but the bitter taste will distract me from my sleepiness. Mon 4:32pm
-----
Not only am I über-geeked that the new Star Trek movie is scoring 100% on the TomatoMeter thus far, but I've also got this song stuck in my head: http://www.trekkieguy.com/soundfx/star_trekkin.mp3 Tue 5:02pm
-----
Congratulations to Dave Bing, the next mayor of Detroit. And good luck! That is not an easy gig. Tue 11:46pm
-----
John Magee was rockin' out to Madonna's "Material Girl" on the XM 80's channel as he drove in to work this morning. So wrong. But so right.Today 9:32am
-----
John Magee notes that if you Google "beagle haiku" you get 75,000 results, and my blog has now risen all the way to #4. However, I would like to point out that the Patio Boat blog is really a full-service stop for *all* of your Katie the Beagle poetry needs: My Beagle, My Assistant. Today 6:32 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment